Apple & Gorgonzola Crostata (Rustic & Savory Apple Pie)
Author: Seonkyoung Longest
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 Store bought pie crust
- 2 Granny smith apples
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven 425°F/220°C
Take store bought pie dough at room temperature while preparing filling. (about 10 to 15 minutes)
Peel, quarter and core apple then slice into ¼inch thin.
- In a mixing bowl, add apple slices, sugar and thyme; toss everything together.
- Roll out pie dough on a parchment paper or silicone baking mat lined baking sheet. Place apple mixture center of pie dough, leaving a perimeter of about 2 inches. Sprinkle gorgonzola evenly.
- Gently fold the dough up and around apple filling.
- Make egg wash by cracking an egg in to a small mixing bowl and whisk with 1 tsp. cold water. Brush edge of the crostata with egg wash.
- Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let crostata cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Drizzle honey, slice and enjoy!