Hi guys! Today I brought my Bibim Burger recipe from the Food Network show, Restaurant Express! This burger was HUGE HIT so it is must try!!!
I inspired this recipe from bibimbap, which is traditional Korean rice dish in a bowl.
Here is my Bibimbap cooking video!
I pretty much brought all the flavors from bibimbap to a burger. hope you enjoy this recipe at your home!!
- *** For the Bibim Burger Patties ***
- ½ lb. Ground beef (I used 85/15)
- 2 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp. Toasted sesame seeds
- 1½ Tbs. Sugar
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Green onion, chopped
- *** For the Vegetable Toppings ***
- 10 oz. Bean sprouts
- 15 oz. Baby spinach
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped, divided halves
- 1 Green onion, chopped, divided halves
- 2 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil, divided halves
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame seeds, divided halves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- *** To Assemble the Bibim Burger ***
- 2 Brioche buns, toasted
- 2 Tbs. Mayonnaise
- 4 sliced cucumber
- 2 eggs, cook it as you desired
- 1 Tbs. Seonkyoung's Bibimbap sauce(See note) or Sriracha
- In a large mixing bowl, add al ingredients for patties; mix well with your hand until everything combined together. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep it in a refrigerator while we are prepping toppings
- In a large pot, bring water to boil to blench bean sprouts and spinach; add handful salt to boiling water and drain well. Blench bean sprouts 30 sec and remove from boiling water. Blench baby spinach 10 sec and remove form boiling water; let it cool and squeeze out excess water from spinach. Place blenched bean sprouts and spinach in 2 separate bowls, and season both with ½ chopped garlic, ½ chopped green onion 1 Tbs sesame oil, ½ tsp sesame seeds, salt and pepper to taste. Mix each bean sprouts and spinach well with your hands. Set aside.
- Divided in halves and foam the beef mixture to fit your buns. Make sure middle of your patties are thiner than the edge. Heat a skillet over medium heat; add beef patties and cook 3 min each side or until your desire doneness.
- Alright, let's assemble Bibim Burger! Spread 1 Tbs mayo on bottom of each toasted buns. Place cucumber slices, cooked beef patties, bean sprouts, spinach, fried eggs and finally Bibimbap sauce or Sriracha! Enjoy!!
2 Tbs. gochujang(Korean red pepper paste)
1/4 of fuji apple, seeded, peeled
1/4 cup Sweet onion
1 Clove garlic
1 Tbs. sugar
1 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
1 Tbs. Rice vinegar
1 Tbs. Mirin(Seasoned rice wine)
1/2 Tbs. Soy sauce
Mix all ingredients in a food processor and blend until it becomes smooth sauce texture. You can keep this sauce in a refrigerator for 10 days.