Last night we had this Bulgogi Jeongol for dinner!
Lucky us! lol
It’s been cold and I just wanted to cook and eat something really easy and comfort food like bulgogi. But I wanted to make a bit more comfy and cozy so I made a pot dish, Jeongol!
Jeongold is a Korean hot pot dish many different kind of vegetables, meat, and broth in a pot. Cooking on a table and eat while it’s boiling front of you.
I marinated bulgogi as I normally do and I pour dashi broth over the top.
Obviously Bulgogi is very popular and famous dish all around the world. It is beefy, savory, sweet, nutty and satisfying. Even you are on a diet, don’t worry!! You can cook Bulgogi with Lean meat or even with chicken breast!! You’ve got to try bulgogi with soybean paste sauce (Ssam jang), easy cucumber kimchi, green lettuce and rice all together as a meal! I hope you like my recipes and enjoy it~!! XOXO~!!!
To prepare: prepare cooked rice to serve with.
1 1/2 lb beef (such as a chuck or sirloin) very thinly cut
1/4 cup pear juice
3 to 5 garlic cloves finely chopped (about 2 Tablespoons)
1/4 cup rice wine
2 Tablespoons mirin
Fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 medium size onion, 1/4″ slice
3 Tablespoons canola oil
3 green onions, slice into diagonal angle
::: Soybean Paste Sauce :::
3 Tablespoons Ssamjang (Or Mix with 2Tb regular soybean paste, 1Tb gochujang, 1Tb sugar) *Explain on the video*
1 Serrano pepper, chopped
3 skinny green onions (around 3 Tablespoons)
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 Tablespoons sesame oil
1. Combine first 8 ingredients through sesame oil in a large mixing bowl and marinade at least 30 min to overnight.
2. Add sliced onion in to the meat mixture, give a toss.
3. Heat oil in a large size skillet (such as cast iron pan) over high heat, swirl to coat. Add meat and onion mixtures stir-fry about 15 min to 20 min until onion softens and meat is tender.
4. Turn off the heat, add sliced green onion, and toss.
5. Remove from heat top with sesame seeds as desired.
6. Combine all the ingredients for soybean paste sauce in a small mixing bowl and stirring with a spoon until all the ingredients mixed well.
7. Serve with cooked rice bulgogi, soybean paste sauce, green lettuce and some other side dishes.
Click the link below to see my Bulgogi video on Youtube!
Or just watch it right here! lol
Watch and learn about dashi broth!
Ah, we enjoyed so much, it was lots of food but we finished very very cleanly. lol
Hope to show you this recipe very soon!! ♥ Because this kind of food will not only fill your tummy but your heart♥ And I believe the food power! ^^
It’s time to eat dinner for us, bye bye everyone and have a good night/day!!