I just uploaded new episode of Asian at Home on YouTube, Chinese Style BBQ Ribs!!
I love pork(obviously!), any kinda cut I just love pork so much!!
And pork ribs are one of my favorites along with pork belly and jewel!
So juicy and flavorful!!
My pork rib recipe is SO-JUICY and SUPER-TENDER!!
As you can see in the video, it’s falling out from the bones.
And the sauce is the KILLER!! It’s sweet, tangy, sticky AH, finger licking goodnesssssss~~!!!
You’ve got to try this recipe, and of course YOU CAN USE CHICKEN for the same recipe!! Boiling process need to be shorter than the recipe says(I would do 20 – 30 minutes if I use chicken.) and I recommend using dark meat. Like chicken legs or thighs.
- 1 rack of ribs, cut into single pieces
- 1 whole garlic, halves
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ onion
- 2 green onion
- ½ cup sake (rice wine)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper corns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small carrot, halves
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a dutch oven or a large pot wit 10 cups water, cover with a lid, bring to boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, simmer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When the ribs are almost ready, start make the BBQ sauce.
- Combine hoisin sauce and next 5 ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until mixed well together.
- Take ribs from dutch oven, and grill them on a hot grill and keep brushing the sauce until the sauce's gone, it will look shiny and nice chard. Be gentle when you handling soft ribs though.
- Serve with warm cooked rice, flavorful fired rice/noodles or crispy and refreshing salad!