I had so many request of this garlic rice recipe from you guys when I posted a vlog video of Jacob’s Surprise Party!
I decided to share this garlic rice recipe, since it will goes literally anything and everything you can think of! Also it is super easy to make! 😉
I inspired this recipe from Filipino garlic rice- which is very simple garlic fried rice. But making over 4 to 5 cups of fried rice at home is not that easy.
Either you have to do a batches, or need restaurant quality heat and size of wok… just too much work and we don’t want that! …. at least I don’t want that.
So when I through parties at my house, I never cook fried rice or noodles but make rice that “tastes” like fried rice. 😉
This is one of those amazing rice “tastes” like fried rice recipe, hope you guys give it a try at Home!
Watch how to video down below to learn and get printable recipe! 😀
- 3 Tbs. Salted Butter
- 9 to 12 Cloves garlic (approximately 2 heaping Tbs)
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 3 cups Water
- 1 Green onion
- Heat a large thick bottom pot that has lid over low heat. Add butter and let it slowly melt.
- Meanwhile roughly chop garlic. Add into melted butter and increase heat to medium. Fry garlic for 4 to 5 minutes until garlic is golden brown and crispy. Stir occasionally so they will cook evenly. Be careful not to burn, it will give bitter flavor.
- Turn off heat and take fried garlic out on a plate with paper towel. Set aside.
- Turn back heat to medium; add rice into beautiful garlic infused butter. Stir to coat every single grain of rice with butter and toast them for 1 to 2 minutes until rice absorbed butter and toasted evenly. Stir occasionally.
- Add water; stir once and cover with lid. Increase heat to high and bring it to boil. When it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and stir one last time from bottom to top with an wooden spoon. Cover back on, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 10 extra minutes so rice will finish cooking. Don’t open lid in this process, because rice will need all hot steam inside of pot to finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop green onion and some cilantro for garnish.
- Now, finally open and fluff rice from bottom to top with a spoon or fork. Garnish with chopped green onion, cilantro and fried garlic. Serve hot and let your guest to mix the rice and garnish. Enjoy!