It’s hot outside, summer is still going on.
What’s your favorite activities during summer time?
I love going to go camping, beach, swim or sometimes just napping… if that’s count as an ‘activity’. lol
But my favorite of favorite is absolutely camping and cooking outside. It’s just so much fun outdoor, grill, conversations, ice cold beer, sharing…
I love summer.
Today, I’m going to share my way to make Korean BBQ Pork Ribs and it is definitely one of my go to summer party grilling recipe.
First, you can make this dish a day or two ahead! How awesome!
Second, you will need only 2 ingredients! (Well, garnish is choice of yours so whatever you have in your hands.)
Last, it is FREAKING FINGER LICKING GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
I used my favorite Korean company Sempio’s pre-made sauce which is winner for me.
I’ve talked a lot of this company because my mom even uses Sempio‘s soy sauce.
Before my mom, my grand used Sempio‘s soy sauce. So, it’s pretty much our family soy sauce. 😉
The Kalbi Sauce has all the fresh garlic, ginger and perfectly balanced sweet and savory flavors so you won’t need any thing else.
Hope you guys give this recipe a try one day! 😀
- 1 Rack of baby back ribs
- 1½ cup Sempio’s Kalbi Sauce
- Cut baby back ribs into single pieces.
- In a large pot place ribs, pour 8 cups cold water and add ½ cup of Sempio’s Kalbi Sauce. Stir gently so sauce will mix into water.
- Cover with a lid and bring it to boil over high heat. When it starts boiling, reduce heat to medium and cook ribs for 1 hour 30 minutes. I like to tilt lid a bit so hot steam can escape. That way broth won’t boil over to stove.
- Stir once about half way through cooking time so they will cook evenly.
- Turn off heat and carefully take ribs out from pot to a plate. be gentle to handling soft ribs. Place ribs in a refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes so meat will firm up before we grill it.
- You can now grill, cook on a stove or broil.(Please see Note) Grill cooled ribs on a hot grill and keep brushing about 1 cup of Sempio’s Kabli Sauce until sauce has gone. It will look shiny and nicely chard.
- Place on a serving plate and drizzle some more sauce right on top. If you like to, garnish with some sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds. Serve warm and enjoy!
Stove Heat a large skillet over high heat and add cooled ribs and pour 1 cup of Sempio’s Kalbi Sauce. Cook about 10 minutes over medium-high heat until meat has a nice caramelization and liquid reduced as sticky glaze on ribs.
Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Heat a broiler and place an oven rack a few inches below heating element. Place cooled ribs on a prepared baking sheet, brush with Sempio’s Kalbi Sauce and broil ribs about 2 minutes. Flip over ribs and brush with more sauce and broil for 2 minutes. Repeat 3 to 4 times or until you are satisfied with the caramelization and chard.