Korean BBQ was my family’s business in Korea and my dad is still in Korea keeping this tradition alive. He is an organic farmer, and I really respect what he does. This is one of my childhood foods and it is always keeping my heart warm. I hope everybody can feel as I do.
- ½ kiwi, peeled
- ½ Asian pear, peeled and seeded
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup Mirin
- ¾ cup Rice wine
- 1 cup Soy sauce
- ½ cup Dashi broth (It's optional, to make dash broth see notes)
- ½ medium size sweet onion
- 2 green onions
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1½ Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoons Sesame seeds
- Get all ingredients together in a blender. Pulse until everything blended as sauce.
- This sauce is for 4 lb. of meat, I suggest pork shoulder steak, bone in skin on chicken or beef short ribs.
When you are ready to use this sauce, just pour over your choice of meat in a zip lock bag and close tightly. Marinate at least 3 hours to overnight in a refrigerator. Grill is the best way to cook this recipe, but you can use a skillet indoor. Cook it until desired degree of doneness.
Do not through away the delicious sauce though!
We will cook the sauce and serve it together.
Pour all of marinate sauce in a small sauce pan and bring it to boil; add 3 Tablespoons honey. Reduce heat to medium simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove scum from sauce if any.
And it’s ready to eat!
Serve immediately with cooked rice, sauce and other side dishes as desired.