- Wash the pepper well and remove the cap of the peppers. Big ones are cut in halves and give small ones a little score. Slice garlic thinly.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok over medium heat then add cooking oil and sliced garlic. Stir fry the garlic for a bit, about 30 seconds.
- Add anchovies and stay fry about 1 to 2 minutes. This way the fish smell from the anchovies will cook out.
- Add soy sauce, mirin and prepared peppers. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until all the liquid has gone.
- Add sugar, honey and maesilaek (plum extract) or maple syrup. Stir fry additional for 3 to 4 minutes or until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Remove from heat and top it up with some sesame seeds. Enjoy with warm cooked rice, kimchi and other banchan (side dishes)!