- 22oz Korean rice cake
- 4 cups Korean ultimate stock or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes, optional
- 6 oz fish cake
- 2 hard boiled egg
- 2 green onions, sliced
- sesame seeds
- pan fried mandu (dumplings), optional
- In a medium size mixing bowl, fill up with warm water and add rice cake. Soak rice cake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine stock, gochujang, soy sauce and sugar. Bring it to boil over medium high heat.
- Drain the rice cake and add into the boiling sauce along with fish cake. Keep cook over medium high heat for 10 minutes, stir frequently. Rice cake is easily stick to the bottom of the pan when it’s cooked in sauce or liquid.
- When the sauce is thicken, toss in boiled egg and green onion.
- Serve immediately and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve with fried dumplings, if you like! Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 15 mins