Mongolian beef meatballs has compacted flavors and the authentic look that everyone loves. You can definitely make this without the spiciness for little ones or for yourself. It will be equally delicious!
For The Meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef, possible lean
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic (approximately 3 cloves garlic)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (approximately 2 to 3 green onions)
- 1/2 cup panic bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For The Sauce
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 3 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs sambal (chili paste/chili garlic paste)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- chopped green onion
- sesame seeds
- Preheat oven over 400 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for meatball with your hand.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon amount of beef mixture and roll it between your palms. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with rest of beef mixture. Make sure meatballs are at least 1-inch a part from each others.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked. Remove from oven.
- In a cold large skillet, add all ingredients for sauce. Whisk until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Now, turn on heat to medium high heat and bring sauce to boil. Keep whisking occasionally, because sauce will thicken quickly.
- When it starts boiling, reduce heat to low and toss in meatballs. Make sure every meatballs are coated evenly with sauce. Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
You can make meatballs ahead. Just keep baked meatballs in a airtight container and keep in a refrigerator up to 3 to 5 days. When you are ready to enjoy it, just make the sauce and heat meatballs in the sauce. In this case, add meatballs into sauce, before the sauce is boiling.