Honey sriracha chicken meatballs’ ingredients are super simple and it’s a crowd pleasure. The sauce is only sriracha and honey! Surprisingly sticky, not too spicy and hint of lime will brighten up the whole entire flavors!
For The Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 egg
For The Sauce
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- a few drops of lime juice
- Preheat oven over 400 degrees.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for meatball with your hand.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon amount of chicken mixture and roll it between your palms. If you are having hard time rolling meatballs, wet your palms with a bit of water, it will prevent chicken mixture to stick to your hand.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with rest of chicken mixture. Make sure meatballs are at least 1-inch a part from each others. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until meatballs are fully cooked. Remove from oven.
- In a cold large skillet, add sriracha, honey and salt. Stir until sauce is well combined. Now, turn on heat to medium high heat and bring sauce to soft boil. Stirring occasionally.
- Add lime juice, reduce heat to low and toss in meatballs. Make sure every meatballs are coated evenly with sauce.
You can make meatballs ahead. Just keep baked meatballs in a airtight container and keep in a refrigerator up to 3 to 5 days. When you are ready to enjoy it, just make the sauce and heat meatballs in the sauce. In this case, add meatballs into sauce, before the sauce is boiling.