- 8 oz. / 227g Pancit Bijon (vermicelli) rice noodles (Orchids brands is what I used for this recipe and the tutorial video)
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 5 oz. Yellow onion (Approximately 1/2 of large or 1 medium size.)
- 5 oz. Green cabbage
- 3 oz. Carrot (Approximately 1 medium size)
- 3 Slices of thick cut bacon
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce (regular thin soy sauce or light soy sauce)
- Chopped green onion (optional)
- 2 Hard boiled eggs, cut into halves (optional)
- Prepare rice noodles by following directions of package you are using.* Drain.
- Chop garlic, slice onion and cabbage into 1/4-inch wide. Slice carrot 1/8-inch thin. Cut bacon into bite sizes.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix chicken stock and soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat; add bacon. Cook bacon until edges are golden brown and bacon released its fat in wok approximately 2 Tbs, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add cabbage and carrot, stir fry until all vegetables are soften, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring frequently.
- Add prepared and drained noodles into wok and pour sauce. Toss everything together until well combined, noodles soaked sauce evenly and there is no liquid, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with chopped green onion and hard boiled eggs.
My package of rice noodles (Orchids brand) is pre-cooked and dried noodles, so I didn’t need to cook it. My package says just rinse under cold water and seaside but I just soak it in cold water to speed up the process.