- 1 lb vegetables of your choice (broccoli, broccolini, asparagus, green beans, bok choy, green cabbage, kale, cauliflower, carrot, etc)
- 4 tbsp gochujang, Korean red pepper paste (my favorite brand is Yangpyeong)
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 of lemon or lime (approximately 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or raw sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp gochugaru, otpional
- 1 tsp soy sauce or a pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp good quality sesame oil
- 2 tbsp crushed sesame seeds
- Bring some water in a large pot. While waiting for the water to boil, let’s prepare the vegetables. I used a half-pound of each asparagus and broccolini today. Cut vegetables to bite sizes. If you are using asparagus, snap the bottom of them.
- When the pot of water is boiling, go ahead and add a generous amount of salt and the prepared vegetables. Blanch the vegetables to your liking. I like crunch vegetables so I blanched mine for about 1 minute. If I use leafy vegetables, I would blanch less than a minute. When the vegetables are blanched to your liking, go ahead and drain them and rinse with cold water. You could shock them in an ice bath, but not necessary when you can just rinse under cold water. T
- Pour the chojang dressing on top of the blanched vegetables and it’s done. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute