For the Chicken
- 1 lb chicken thighs, cut into bite size
- 5 to 7 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 2 tbsp)
- 1 oz ginger, chopped (approximately 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp maesilaek, Korean green plum extractor apricot jam
- 1 to 3 tbsp gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion, sliced (you can use other veggies if you prefer)
For the Rice Balls
For the Garnish
- 1 green onion, chopped
- sesame seeds
- Combine chicken, garlic, ginger, mirin, soy sauce, oyster sauce, maesilaek and gochugaru in a mixing bowl and marinate for 20 minutes to over night.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok over high heat and add cooking oil. Add marinated chicken in to the hot pan and stir fry about 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is 1/2 way cooked through.
- Add sliced onion and stir fry for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is soften and chicken is fully cooked. Remove from heat and keep it warm.
- Mix the rice, mayonnaise and furikake in a mixing bowl and shape the rice into 8 to 10 small balls with your hands.
- Place chicken and rice balls on a serving plate and garnish the chicken with sesame seeds and green onion. Enjoy!