- 1/2 cup Light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Rice wine
- 1 Tbs.Fish sauce
- 3 Tbs. Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Chopped garlic (approximately 18 to 20 cloves)
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbs. Cooking oil
- 1 Rack of baby back ribs (approximately 3 1/2 lb.), cut into single pieces
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- Fresh lime juice from 1 lime
- 6 Lime wedges to serve
- Combine soy sauce and next 7 ingredients(until black pepper) and whisk to dissolve sugar into sauce, set aside.
- Preheat oven over 350 degrees.
Heat a braising pan or deep skillet (I recommend to use oven-safe pan such as dutch oven or cast iron pan) over high heat; add oil. Sear pork ribs 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. It doesn’t need to be cooked- we just want nice sear on each ribs. Do 2 batches if that’s necessary for really nice golden brown seared ribs.
- Tap excess oil on pan with kitchen paper towel and place seared pork ribs all back into pan or roasting pan if you are using. Pour sauce we made earlier. Cover with aluminum foil first then cover with lid. If not, you might ruin your lid from splashing soy sauce and sugar mixture. Place into preheated oven, braise for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and bring back to stove. Uncover and cook for additional 10 minutes until meat has a nice caramelization and liquid reduced- as sticky glaze on ribs.
- Transfer ribs on a serving plate and spoon out most fat out from pan. Add in green onion and lime juice to sauce and mix.
- Pour sauce over ribs and serve warm. Enjoy with a warm cooked jasmine rice! 😀
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours