- 2 pieces of 8 oz salmon steak (total 1lb)
- 3 tbsp cooking oil, divided
- salt & pepper
For Firecracker Sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sambal
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (approximately 3 to 4 cloves)
For Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 to 2 green onions, chopped
- small handful cilantro, chopped
- Combine all ingredients for firecracker sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet or a regular skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp cooking oil and riced cauliflower. I used frozen riced cauliflower, you can use fresh one if you prefer. Cook cauliflower until there’s no moisture, about 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower rice from skillet to a mixing bowl. Add sesame oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, sesame seeds, green onions and cilantro into cauliflower rice and mix well. Set aside.
- In same skillet, add 2 tbsp cooking oil or enough oil to cover skillet. Season salmon steak with a generous amount of salt and pepper and place on preheated skillet, skin side down. Sear until salmon skins are crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Flip them over, cook 3 to 4 minutes or until about 1 minute left to your desired doneness.
- Turn off heat if you’re using cast iron skillet (reduce heat to low if you are using nonstick or stainless skillet), tap out excess oil then pour sauce mixture all over salmon and skillet. Swirl salmon to coat evenly with sauce. Push salmon to a side of skillet then place cauliflower rice into empty spot of skillet. Garnish with extra chopped green onion, cilantro and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 15 minutes