- 1 lb tri-tip or your choice of steak
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos, plus more for later
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 to 1 lb Chinese broccoli or your choice of veggies, such as green beans, broccoli or broccolini, cut into bite sizes
- 10 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Cut tri-tip into 1-inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl. Add black pepper and aminos, mix well and marinate for 10 to 15 minutes. You could marinate over night if you’d like to.
- Bring some water to boil in a large skillet and add some salt. We are going to blanch our vegetable in the same skillet where we’re cooking the beef.
- Add the Chinese broccoli or the veggies you’re using. Blanch for 1 minute or until your desire doneness. Remove from the skillet, set aside and dump the water from the skillet and let it dry completely.
- Heat now-empty-skillet over high heat; add butter and let it melt and foamy. Add the marinated beef and spread evenly on the pan, so it will sear nice and evenly. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes then mix in chopped garlic.
- Cook the steak and garlic together for 1 to 2 minutes then add then blanched Chinese broccoli. Toss everything together, for about 1 minute. Add the salt and some extra dashes of aminos if you’d like to create some sauce. I added a few more dashes.
- Toss quickly and serve immediately with warm bowl of rice! Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 8 mins