For Kiwi Sauce
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 small chunk of pineapple, optional
- 1/8 of medium size onion, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 to 3 tsp sweet corn
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- butter or margarine
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1 sliced ham
- 1 slice American or your favorite sliced cheese
- 1 sweet gherkins, sliced
- Handful shredded cabbage
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, add all ingredients for sauce and blend until smooth with a hand blender. This sauce will be good enough for 8 to 10 sandwiches and last up to 7 days in a refrigerator. Set aside.
- Beat egg with pinch of salt and pepper with sweet corn. Set aside.
- Butter your cooking surface. You can use griddle, large skillet or cast iron pan. Toast bread first. While bread is toasting, cook egg in a square cooking mold if you have one. Also cook sliced ham both sides. Flip over breads, but before flipping, butter cooking surface once again. Spread about 1 tbsp kiwi sauce on each toast.
- Remove cooking mold from egg and flip it over. Place cheese on top of egg and place ham right on top. Then gherkins and cabbage. Finally, top it with other piece of toast. Of course, sauce side down. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes