For the Noodles
- 2 cups all propose flour, plus more for later
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3/4 cup and 2 Tbsp hot boiling water
For the Broth
- 8 cups cold water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cupsliced & dried shiitake mushroomsor 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 large piece of dashima (Kombu, dried seaweed)
For the Vegetables
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 small Yukon potato (approximately 4 oz), peeled and sliced into half moon
- 1 small carrot, julienne (approximately 4 oz)
- 1/2 small zucchini, julienne (approximately 4 oz)
- 2 green onions, cut in half lengthwise then cut into 2-inch long pieces
For the Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 1 Tbspgochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp Korean soup base soy sauce or light soy sauce
- 16 oz partially cooked frozen clams
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 packages of 5g Gim, Korean roasted and seasoned seaweed.
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, grind
- In a standard mixer bowl combine flour, salt and oil. Carefully pour hot water and mix over medium speed until it becomes a one piece of dough. Scraping the side as needed. Now over low speed, knead the dough for 7 to 8 minutes. You can definitely do this with your hand, just need with your hand about 10 minutes.
- Take out the dough and shape as a ball. At this point, the dough should be very smooth not sticky or too dry. Cover with a plastic wrap or put it into a ziplock bag. Let it rest.
- Let’s make the broth and cut up the veggies!
Slice vegetables as described as on the ingredients list and set aside.
Beat the eggs, seat aside.
In a large pot, add all the ingredients for the broth. Bring it to boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile the broth is simmering, roll out your dough to 1/8-inch (2 to 3 mm) thin using a rolling pin. Dust flour lightly as needed on the work surface and the dough while rolling.
- Fold and roll the dough sheet loosely into 2-inch wide. Dust dough sheet lightly with flour each fold to keep them from sticking. Cut into 1/4-inch wide noodles or other desired thickness. Gently fluff the noodles and trying to get rid of as much excess flour as possible. Refrigerate without cover until it’s ready to cook!
- By now, your broth is ready. Remove the seaweed and increase heat to high heat. Add onion, potato and carrot along with the seasonings. Give it a good mix and bring it to boil. Add clams, zucchini and green onions. Bring back to boil then finally add noodles. Stir the noodles immediately and cook the noodles for 2 to 3 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Pour bean eggs with a circle motion into the pot. Gently stir only a few times, so the egg won’t break down too much. Just cook 1 more minute.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with gim, (just simply crush over the noodles) grind sesame seeds and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 30 mins