- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb Korean sliced rice cake
- 2 green onions
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- Gim, Korean toasted and seasoned seaweed
- Sesame oil & seeds
- Chili thread, optional
- In a medium size pot, bring chicken stock to boil. Add rice cake and bring back to boil, then reduce heat to medium high and keep cooking until rice cake is soften and tenter, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop green onion, garlic and crack eggs in a small mixing bowl. Gently mix egg yolk and white.
- Stir in green onion and garlic into soup. Pour eggs with a circling motion. Trying to make sure eggs have as much spaces from each others as possible. Count 5 seconds and gently stir as zig zag motion. Bring back to boil and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with gim (Korean toasted and seasoned seaweed), drizzle of sesame oil, sesame seeds and chili treats if you are using. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 8 mins