- 14 oz. Soy bean sprouts
- 1/2 Medium size onion
- 1 Bundle green onions (approximately 6 to 7 green onions)
- 1 Bunch Kkaesip, Sesame leaf (approximately 2 cups)
- 8 oz. Paper thin cut pork, beef or chicken (shabushabu cut)
For the Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs. Mirin
- 1 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. Gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 1 Tbs. Gochugaru, korena red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs. Toasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- Toasted sesame seeds
For Fried Rice
- 1 to 2 cups cooked rice (depending on how much sauce left in your pot after you ate all the cooked meat and vegetables)
- 2 oz. Gim, toasted & seasoned seaweed
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped kimchi, optional
- 1 Green onion, chopped, optional
- Wash and drain soy bean sprouts; place soy bean sprouts in a 8 to 9 inch wide and 3 to 5 inch deep pot, pan or wok.
- Slice onion thinly, cut green onion 2 inch long pieces and slice sesame leaves place top of soy bean sprouts in pot.
- Cut pork into bite sizes and separate them one by one with your hand and place top of the vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the sauce except sesame seeds and whisk until well combined. Pour right over the pork and vegetables and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Cook them over high heat if you are using thick bottom pot/pan or cook them over medium heat if you are using thin pot/pan.
- When vegetables cooked down a bit, about 2 to 3 minutes, you can see juice from bean sprouts on bottom of pot. This is a great time start mix around vegetables, meat and vegetables with chopsticks or a spoon. Keep cook them until they get almost stew kind of texture, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- You can start eating or serve it now. Make sure you have about 1/3 cup Kong Bul left in pot, for fried rice later on!
- When you are done eating vegetables and meat, it’s time to make fried rice!
Add all ingredients for fried rice into pot where some leftover Kong Bul is. Turn heat back on over medium and start stir everything with two spoons.
- When they mixed well, spread fried rice evenly on bottom of pot and reduce heat to low; this precess going to create delicious crispy bottom, about 2 minutes.