- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped lemongrass (approximately 1 large)
- 2 to 4 Thai chili, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 oz ground chicken
- 2 eggs, optional
- 4 cups cooked day old cold jasmine rice
- Chopped cilantro
- Combine fish sauce, sugar and black pepper in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat, add cooking oil, shallot, lemongrass, chili and garlic. Stir fry until you can smell the aroma, about 1 minute then add chicken. Break down chicken well with wooden spoon. Cook the chicken until golden browned and fully cooked, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- If you want to add egg, push chicken mixture to a side of the wok and add 1 tbsp oil. Crack 2 eggs into wok and scramble. When the eggs are set, mix with chicken.
- Add cold rice and pour the sauce mixture around the edge of the work. This way the sauce will start sizzle for better flavor. Mix everything well until every single grain of rice is coated evenly with the sauce. Turn off the heat, stir in chopped cilantro. Enjoy!