Mille-Feuille Nabe, A Thousand Leaves Hot Pot
- 8 Medium Napa cabbage leaves
- 3/4 lb. Paper thin cut beef or pork
- 6 Medium Tuscan kale leaves
- 8 oz. Bean sprouts (approximately 3 cups)
- 5 oz. Shimeji mushrooms(Beech mushrooms) or any type of mushrooms
- 4 1/2 cups Ultimate Korean stock (Click HERE for the recipe), can be substitute Dashi(Click HERE for the recipe), vegetalbe or chicken stock
- 2 Tbs. Sake (Optional)
- 3 Tbs. Soy sauce or 1 Tbs. Salt
- On a surface layer Napa cabbage, beef, kale and beef. Repeat until you have 3 layers. It should start and finish with Napa cabbage. Repeat this step; it will give you 2 sets of layered ingredients. Cut layered ingredients in quarters.
- In bottom of 10X3” pot or dutch oven, place bean sprouts first. Place cabbage and meat layers on top of beansprouts; start around edge of pot, cut side up. Fill up empty middle with mushrooms.
- Pour stock into pot then add sake and soy sauce.
- Cover, bring it to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until all ingredients are fully cooked. You can cook this hot pot on a table, or pre-cook over a stove. Skim if necessary.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
In leftover stock, add udon noodles, ramen or rice to make porridge! Perfect finish! 😉