- 10 oz peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp soy sauce plus 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper, divided half
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or honey
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 pineapple (you will need 1 cup pineapple for fried rice)
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 eggs, beaten with pinch of salt & white pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 to 3 Thai chili, chopped (optional)
- 2 oz diced carrot and green bean or frozen veggie
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups cooked and cold jasmine rice
- 1 to 2 green onions, chopped
- Combine shrimp, 1 tsp soy sauce and 1/8 tsp white pepper in a medium mixing bowl and let it marinate while prepping other ingredients.
- Combine remaining white pepper, 2 tbsp soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, palm sugar and curry powder in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Cut pineapple in half, lengthwise, leaving stem intact. Give slits around perimeters. Score flesh of pineapple without cutting through skin. Scoop chunks out with a spoon and reserve 1 cup (6 oz) of pineapple and cut them into smaller chunks.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok over high heat and add 1 tbsp cooking oil. Pour beaten eggs into smoking hot wok and scramble the egg to cook evenly. Don’t scramble too much though, we want to keep the egg together for more silkier texture. Remove egg from wok and set aside.
- Heat now-empty-wok over high heat, add 1 tbsp oil and marinated shrimp. Sear and cook shrimp 3/4 way, about 2 to 3 minutes. Adjust cooking time depending on size of shrimp you are using. Remove shrimp from wok and set aside.
- Heat now-empty-wok over high heat, add 3 tbsp oil, garlic, ginger and Thai chili. Stir fry until you can smell aroma, about 30 to 45 second. Now add diced carrot, green beans and cashews. Stir fry 30 second to 1 minute, then add rice and sauce mixture. Stir fry everything together until every single grain of rice is coated with sauce, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add reserved pineapple chunks and mix together. Finally, add shrimp, egg and green onions. Break down egg into rice and keep stir fry until shrimp is fully cooked and reheated again, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer pineapple fried rice into pineapple bowl and garnish with chopped cilantro if you like. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins