- 1 lb. country style boneless pork ribs, thinly sliced into bite sizes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass, only tender part, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons all natural coconut water(no sugar added)
- 1 Tablespoon palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 oz. rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (if you are stir fry the meat, if you are grilling you don’t need it)
- Flavored fish sauce(Recipe follow)
- Pickled radish and carrots
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, ripped with hands into bite sizes
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Handful of fresh Thai basil
- Handful of fresh mint
- Handful of bean sprouts
- Slice cucumbers
- More of your choice of vegetables
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped and then roast one more time until nice golden brown for more deeper flavor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pork and next 8 ingredients, set aside and let it marinate for 30 minutes to over night.
- Mean while, prepare rice vermicelli noodles by following the direction of the package you are using. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add 1 Tablespoon coconut oil and half of marinated pork. (we are cooking batches for nicely browned pork) Cook it until it’s nice brown and bit charred about 5 minutes. Repeat with another half of pork and now you are ready to serve and assemble!
- Serve noodles, vegetables, pork, sauce, pickled radish and carrots and roasted peanuts as family style.
- To assemble a bowl; in a serving bowl, place a handful of noodles, small amount of each vegetables and pickled radish and carrot. Place pork on top. Sprinkle with double roasted peanuts about 1 Tablespoon and pour flavored fish sauce on top, about 2 Tablespoons each bowls. Enjoy with ice cold beer!