- 10 oz dry spaghetti or any noodles you prefer
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 6 to 8 scallions, chopped (approximately 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp msg
- Hot spring egg, optional*
- Black pepper optional
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water by following directions of package you are using.
- Meanwhile combine cooking oil and scallion in a cold wok or skillet. Turn heat to medium and slowly infuse scallion flavor into oil. Stir occasionally.
- When scallions are all wilted and you can smell sweet fragrance, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season scallion oil with salt and msg. You could omit msg to your taste. Drain and add cooked noodles into scallion oil. Toss noodles until they are coated evenly with scallion oil. Serve with hot spring egg and black pepper to your taste. Enjoy!
How to Make Hot Spring Egg
Preheat water to temperature 70°C / 168°F
You can do this with a sous vide or in a dutch oven/cast iron pot with a lid. Place room temperature eggs in preheated water carefully. Cook eggs 17 to 18 minutes, depending on size of eggs. Place eggs in an ice bath to stop cooking.