- In a small sauce pan, add all ingredients for sweet garlic sauce. Over low heat, slow cook sauce while prep and fry chicken wings.
- Meanwhile dust chicken wings evenly with 3 Tbs. tempura powder in a large mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Another large mixing bowl, combine 3/4 cup tempura powder and 3/4 cup cold water with a whisk.
- Heat frying oil in a large, thick bottomed pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat (about 2 to 3 inches high from bottom of pot); reach 335 to 350 degrees.
- Coat dusted chicken wings with tempura batter and carefully drop into hot frying oil. Working in 2 batches, deep fry wings for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are fully cooked. Remove from oil and drain on a cooling rack or paper towels. Repeat with rest of chicken wings.
- Remove sauce from heat and it shouldn’t reduced much. Taste if it’s not too salty for your taste. If it is salty, add a bit of water and mix.
In a large mixing bowl, toss fried chicken wings evenly with sauce. Transfer wings to a serving plate, drizzle with leftover sauce in mixing bowl over chicken wings. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if you’d like to.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins