- 10 oz enoki mushrooms, cut lengthwise
- 3 tbsp chili oil or cooking oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of your choice of sweeteners such as sugar, maple syrup, agave nectar or honey
- 1 tbsp Korean fire chicken sauce (to make a mild version, substitute with oyster/vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat (medium-high for regular cooking oil). Arrange the mushrooms in a single layer on the pan and cook until they turn golden brown on the bottom, approximately 3 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, gochugaru, your preferred sweetener, Korean fire chicken sauce, chopped garlic, green onions, and water in a mixing bowl.
- Flip the mushrooms over and generously spoon half of the sauce mixture onto them. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes. Then, flip them again and spoon the remaining sauce over the mushrooms. Continue cooking until the sauces have reduced, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked mushrooms to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped green onions, sesame seeds, and, if desired, a drizzle of extra chili oil. This dish pairs wonderfully with beer or warm cooked rice. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins