- 2 tbsp coconut or any cooking oil
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 18 oz tofu sheet, cut into 3” long and 1/2” wide
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup, or raw sugar
- 2 tbsp gochugaru, Korean red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add sliced onion, stir fry for 1 minute. Add chopped garlic and stir fry for 2 more minutes. Add tofu sheet and stir fry for 3 minutes. Make sure tofu sheet is all separated.
- Now, add soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, agave nectar, and gochugaru. Mix everything together until it’s all evenly coated, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add green onion, cook for 1 more minute so green onion will soften. Turn off heat and add sesame oil and sesame seeds. You can enjoy it with a warm bowl of rice while it’s hot or even when it’s cold! Place this vegan eomuk bokkeum in an airtight container and keep it in a refrigerator, it will last 7 days. Enjoy!