- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 16 oz frozen edamame (approximately 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp chili oil with chili flakes or lao gan ma
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1 tbsp)
- Sesame seeds
- Fried shallot, optional
- Bring 1/4 cup water to a boil in a wok or skillet where you’re going to stir fry edamame. When water is boiling, add a pinch of salt and edamame. Stir, cover, and steam edamame until there’s no more water, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir occasionally, if some water remains, pour it out.
- Add chili oil, vegetarian oyster sauce, and garlic. Stir fry all together until everything is combined, about 1 minute. Transfer spicy garlic edamame to a serving bowl and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and fried shallot. Enjoy!
If you want to make mild version, use 2 tbsp cooking oil instead of chili oil. Also add pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cook Time: 5 minutes