- 1 cup short grain sticky rice(sweet rice)
- 5 thick cut bacon, cut into bite sizes
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium size yellow onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, cut half in lengthwise, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Korean pear (aka Asian pear), diced (you can substitute with bosc pear, anjous pear or fuji apple)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock (if you like your stuffing drier side, add only 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberry
- 2 to 3 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Wash rice under cold water by gently rubbing with your hand until you see clear water, no more cloudy milk water. Soak rice in enough cold water (about 1-2 inch above from rice) at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
Heat a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet over medium heat; add bacon, cook until golden brown edges and slightly crispy.
- Add garlic, onion and celery, season with salt and pepper. Sauté about 5 to 6 minutes, or vegetables are soften. Stirring occasionally.
- Add pear and cook additional 1 to 2 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Drain soaked rice and add into skillet. Toast rice about a minute then add chickens tock and dried cranberry. Mix everything together and flat out surface.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Remove aluminum foil. Fold in butter and flat out surface. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top. Back to oven with no cover for 5 minutes or top of stuffing is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve. Enjoy!