Make easy stir fried pea shoots at home!
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp avocado, vegetable, peanut or canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb pea shoots or vegetables such as Napa cabbage, kale, green cabbage, zucchini, broccoli, spinach and more
- Combine oyster sauce, black pepper, chicken stock and cornstarch in a small mixing bowl and set a side.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium heat; add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic slices and cook for 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Add the pea shoots or the vegetables you are using. Increase heat to high and keep stir. When the vegetables are half way cooked, add the sauce mixture. (Make sure to stir the sauce mixture before pour into the wok, because the starch will sink down to the bottom) Stir well. Pea shoots will take 2 to 3 minutes to cook but adjust the cooking time depending on what vegetables you are using.
- Transfer the vegetables on a serving plate. Enjoy with steamed or fried rice with other main dishes.