- 8 oz thin spaghetti or your favorite pasta
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small leek, julienne, or 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, julienne, or half-moon sliced
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Bring a large pot of water and add a generous amount of salt. Boil per package instructions but make sure to keep pasta al dente.
- Meanwhile, let’s sauté leek and zucchini!
Heat a medium to a large skillet over medium-low heat, add extra virgin olive oil, and leek. (if you’re using regular olive oil, you can increase heat to medium) Sauté leek until it’s softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add zucchini, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Sauté everything together until zucchini is fully cooked, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta into pan, sprinkle nutritional yeast on top of hot pasta so pasta will soak up delicious cheesy flavor. Now, toss everything together, add pasta water as needed. I added 1/3 cup this day. Adjust to your liking. Finally, drizzle some more extra virgin olive oil and serve. Enjoy! This pasta is fantastic with some refreshing white wine!