- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can substitute to 4 chicken thighs), cut into bite size
- 4 Thai chili, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (approximately 1 Tbs)
- 2 Tbs soju, rice wine or vodka
- small pinch of salt and black pepper
For the Fire Sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs gochujang
- 4 Tbs Gochugaru
- 2 Tbs Chung-Yang gochugaru
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp Capsaicin powder
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs chicken stock
For Cooking & Garnish
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for fire sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large non-sick skillet over hight heat; add cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add marinated chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes each side or until it’s fully cooked.
- Add all of sauce and stir everything together. When it combined well, drizzle sesame oil and remove from heat.
- Melt mozzarella in a microwave for 2 minutes or double boil.
Transfer fire chicken on a serving place and pour melted cheese. Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
If you are not used to spicy food, do not attempt to try this recipe.