Before introduce the recipe, I must warn you guys first. The recipe I’m sharing right now on this post, Cheese Buldak- Korean Fire Chicken with Cheese is not a joke.
Please, DO NOT attempt to try this recipe, if you are not used to eating REAL Korean/Thai/Vietnamese level of hot spicy food. It might cause you stomachache, headache or sort of pain on part of your body when you eating this food.
I’m not making this warning for attentions, please do keep it in your mind before you try this recipe.
This cheese buldak has became a trendy food/signature Korean spicy food now days. When this dish came out very first time, there was no cheese. Just buldak- fire chicken. I used to eat buldak when I was stressed out, because spicy food actually helps you to release the stress.
Spicy is not a taste, it is a pain that your tongue’s feeling. So you brain tricked by the pain and gives you endorphin when you eating spicy food and that’s why spicy food is addictive.
This is probably one of the most spicy recipes I’ve ever shared with you all, so please watch out and be aware my cheese buldak recipe is a no joke, crazy spicy.
Please give this recipe a try if you dare… lol!Print
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can substitute to 4 chicken thighs), cut into bite size
- 4 Thai chili, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (approximately 1 Tbs)
- 2 Tbs soju, rice wine or vodka
- small pinch of salt and black pepper
For the Fire Sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbs gochujang
- 4 Tbs Gochugaru
- 2 Tbs Chung-Yang gochugaru
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp Capsaicin powder
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs chicken stock
For Cooking & Garnish
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pinch of sesame seeds
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for chicken. Mix well and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for fire sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large non-sick skillet over hight heat; add cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add marinated chicken and cook 2 to 3 minutes each side or until it’s fully cooked.
- Add all of sauce and stir everything together. When it combined well, drizzle sesame oil and remove from heat.
- Melt mozzarella in a microwave for 2 minutes or double boil.
Transfer fire chicken on a serving place and pour melted cheese. Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
If you are not used to spicy food, do not attempt to try this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins