For Marinate Chicken
- 1 (1/2 lb.) Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs.Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine), sake or dry sherry wine
- 1/2 tsp. Chinese five spice
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- Pinch of black pepper
For the Sauce
- 3 Tbs.Oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
For the Aromatic Vegetables
- 3 Cloves garlic (approximately 1 Tbs.)
- 1 oz. Fresh ginger (approximately 1/2 Tbs.)
- 1 Red chili
For the Vegetables & Noodles (You can substitute vegetables for your taste or what’s available as same amount as recipe calls.)
- 10 oz. Precooked & ready to use Chinese egg noodles (If you are using dry one, prepared by soak them in hot water until soften and then drain.)
- 2 oz. Shiitake or button mushrooms (approximately 2 large or 4 small size mushrooms)
- 4 oz. Bamboo shoot (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 4 oz. Baby bok choy (approximately 3 to 5 of baby bok choy)
- 3 Green onions
- 4 oz. Bean sporouts
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Toasted sesame seeds
For Stri Fry
- 3 Tbs. Cooking oil
- Slice chicken breast into bite sizes. In a mixing bowl, add chicken and rest of ingredients for marinade and mix well until chicken is evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk. Set aside.
- Chop garlic and ginger finely. Seeded and julienne red chili. Set aside.
- Slice mushroom and bamboo shoot into 1/4 inch thin. Wash baby bok choy well (it contains dust in the middle) and cut them into halves or quarter as needed.
- Cut top end and root of green onions. Cut in halves lengthwise and then cut into 2 inches long pieces. Set aside with bean sprouts.
- Heat a wok over hight heat; add 1 Tbs. oil and add chicken. Spread chicken pieces so they will brown up evenly. Stir fry chicken until their edges are nicely golden brown and about 3/4 way cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes. (Be careful not to over cook them, I recommend you to cook less than 3 minutes.) Turn off heat and remove chicken from wok and place on a plate.
- Heat now-empty-wok over high heat; add 2 Tbs. oil and add aromatic vegetables (garlic, ginger and chili) and stir fry them until you can smell all the beautiful aromas, about 30 to 45 second.
- Add mushrooms, bamboo shot and baby bok choy; stir fry until vegetables are soften, about 1 minute.
- Add noodles and sauce. Stir fry until noodles are fully cooked and you can’t see any sauce running in wok, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add chicken back into wok along with green onions and bean sprouts. Stir fry 30 second to 1 minute, or until last 3 ingredients are warmed up.
- Transfer to a serving plate, Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins