- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, beaten, seasoned with salt
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup small diced onion (approximately 1/2 of medium size onion)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approximately 4 to 5 oz)
- 1/4 cup carrot, small diced
- 2 cups cold jasmine rice, or brown jasmine rice, recommended a day old
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, optional
- 4 green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Prepare vegetables and mix soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add butter and let it melt. Pour beaten eggs and scramble. While they are still soft, remove from wok and set aside.
- Into same wok, add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger and onion, stir fry for 30 second or until onion’s transparent.
- Add chicken and season with small pinch of salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute or chicken is 3/4 way cooked, then stir in carrot and cook for a minute.
- Add rice and pour sauce mixture. Keep stir and tossing until every grains of rice are evenly coated with sauce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas, green onions and scrambled egg. Stir and cook everything about 30 seconds to 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 6 mins