Who doesn’t like chicken fried rice?!
Chicken fried rice is one of the menus that you can serve to anyone, any time!
My chicken fried rice recipe is healthier because I’m using brown jasmine rice- which tastes amazing and so fluffy!!
Well, you can call me it’s not a healthy recipe,
It makes me feel so much better eating fried rice. 😉
If you prefer, you can definitely use regular jasmine rice, it works totally fine!
Quinoa also a great substitute for the healthier version. I also love adding lots of veggies into my fried rice!
When you do stir fry recipe at home, there is 2 key point.
#1 is prep EVERYTHING before you heat the wok.
Chop up ALL the ingredients you are using. Measure and mix up ahead sauces you are using.
This helps the key point #2, which is heat your wok over HIGHEST HEAT you can go with your stove.
Heat your wok until SMOKE. Do not afraid off the smoke, that’s the temp you want for stir fry.
When you are cooking high heat, the ingredients have to be “ready” to add in the wok and right next to you where you can grab right a way while you are cooking.
Stir fry’s success is up to the fire/high heat, so if you had to reduce heat while cooking, the flavor/end result is already going down…
This is my new wok I’m enjoying SO MUCH!
If you are interested in purchasing a wok, check this one out by click the picture! 🙂
Hope you try this easy chicken fried rice at home, I’m sure your family and friends will LOVE it! 😀
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, beaten, seasoned with salt
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1½ tsp)
- 1½ tsp chopped ginger
- ½ cup small diced onion (approximately ½ of medium size onion)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approximately 4 to 5 oz)
- ¼ cup carrot, small diced
- 2 cups cold jasmine rice, or brown jasmine rice, recommended a day old
- ¼ cup frozen peas, optional
- 4 green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Prepare vegetables and mix soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add butter and let it melt. Pour beaten eggs and scramble. While they are still soft, remove from wok and set aside.
- Into same wok, add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger and onion, stir fry for 30 second or until onion’s transparent.
- Add chicken and season with small pinch of salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute or chicken is ¾ way cooked, then stir in carrot and cook for a minute.
- Add rice and pour sauce mixture. Keep stir and tossing until every grains of rice are evenly coated with sauce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas, green onions and scrambled egg. Stir and cook everything about 30 seconds to 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!