Who doesn’t like chicken fried rice?!
Chicken fried rice is one of the menus that you can serve to anyone, any time!
My chicken fried rice recipe is healthier because I’m using brown jasmine rice- which tastes amazing and is so fluffy!!
Well, you can call me it’s not a healthy recipe,
It makes me feel so much better eating fried rice. 😉
If you prefer, you can definitely use regular jasmine rice, it works totally fine!
Quinoa is also a great substitute for the healthier version. I also love adding lots of veggies to my fried rice!
When you do a stir fry recipe at home, there is 2 key point.
#1 is to prep EVERYTHING before you heat the wok.
Chop up ALL the ingredients you are using. Measure and mix up ahead sauces you are using.
This helps the key point #2, which is to heat your wok over HIGHEST HEAT you can go with your stove.
Heat your wok until SMOKE. Do not be afraid of the smoke, that’s the temp you want for stir fry.
When you are cooking at high heat, the ingredients have to be “ready” to add in the wok and right next to you where you can grab them right away while you are cooking.
Stir fry’s success is up to the fire/high heat, so if you had to reduce heat while cooking, the flavor/end result is already going down…
This is the new wok I’m enjoying SO MUCH!
If you are interested in purchasing a wok, check this one out by clicking the picture! 🙂
Hope you try this easy chicken fried rice at home, I’m sure your family and friends will LOVE it! 😀
Chicken Fried Rice
- Total Time: 6 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs, beaten, seasoned with salt
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (approximately 1 1/2 tsp)
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup small diced onion (approximately 1/2 of medium size onion)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approximately 4 to 5 oz)
- 1/4 cup carrot, small diced
- 2 cups cold jasmine rice, or brown jasmine rice, recommended a day old
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, optional
- 4 green onions, chopped
- sesame seeds for garnish
- salt and pepper
- Prepare vegetables and mix soy sauce and oyster sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add butter and let it melt. Pour beaten eggs and scramble. While they are still soft, remove from wok and set aside.
- Into same wok, add oil and swirl to coat. Add garlic, ginger and onion, stir fry for 30 second or until onion’s transparent.
- Add chicken and season with small pinch of salt and pepper. Cook about 1 minute or chicken is 3/4 way cooked, then stir in carrot and cook for a minute.
- Add rice and pour sauce mixture. Keep stir and tossing until every grains of rice are evenly coated with sauce, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in frozen peas, green onions and scrambled egg. Stir and cook everything about 30 seconds to 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Cook Time: 6 mins
I made the chicken fried rice and it turned out amazing!! So good and I’m not that great of a cook. Your instructions and details were perfect.
So happy to hear that!!! 😀
Is there a way to print just the printed recipe without all the pages. Maybe 1 sheet of recipe only. It’s a waste of paper. If you are a cook you do not need pictures of every step.
My boyfriend and I just made this – it was really great! Thank you for sharing this awesome recipe.
Do u have to use a wok cuz I don’t have one
You can use regular skillet! 🙂
Made this with hubby… loved it!!
So glad I could help out!
Made the chicken fried rice for the second time…I had no idea something so good was so easy…ty ty
I make this recipe over and over again so easy so so good….
you make me add an extension to get the recipe. not cool.
Of all your recipes I have made, which is easily over 100, this is by far the most popular among my friends and family. It is so much better than any take out place around here. The flavors are amazing and it’s not oily and dry. Best friend recipe I have ever had!!
AW so glad to hear that! your loyalty means so much to me!
I just made this for lunch and it was so easy and good. I will be making this for my kids soon. Tonight we are making your walnut shrimp and we hold the walnut too. So glad we found you on YouTube.
Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed!
Is it OK to exclude ginger?
Yes It should be just fine without the ginger!
When frying the chicken in the wok to mix the veges in, do i add it uncooked or cooked
How do you get 1 page print out? Do not need all pictures of each step?
Tried this recipe today. Divine!
I just added an additional veg of sweet peppers and added nam pla and mirin to the sauce.
So freakin tasty!! Thank you so much.
Yay! So glad I could help!
Would it be alright to use ginger spice in place of fresh?
I just made this, but with shrimp instead of chicken, and a bit of sriracha on top and omg. It was soo good! My 4 year old son wouldn’t eat it though I didn’t expect him to (he hates carrots and onions and green onions), but my husband LOVED IT! I think I’ll try the other fried rice with nothing much in it for my son one day in the future