Easiest Korean street food to make at home! The best part? It is vegetarian!
- 2 1/2 cup Warm cooked medium grain rice(How to make perfect rice tutorial click HERE)
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 4 sheets full size dried seaweed(Gim/Nori), cut into quarter as 16 squares
- 16 long strips(4” long, 1/4” wide) Korean pickled radish(Danmooji)
- 1 cup julienned carrot, sautéed with 1Tbs. oil and 1 tsp. salt over high heat for 2 minutes until soften.
- 1 cup Korean spinach side dish(For the recipe click HERE)
- Sesame oil and sesame seeds
- For the Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. Rice vinegar
- 1/2 Tbs. Honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice, salt pepper and sesame oil. Gently mix well without smashing rice.
- On working surface, place 1 sheet of Gim(Nori), shiny side down. Place about 1 tablespoon of seasoned rice on him and spread out evenly.
- Place 1 piece of pickled radish(Danmooji) top of rice; 2/3 of way down, closer to you so you will have room to roll it. Place small amount carrot and spinach as well. Lift up end nearest you and tuck over, rolling upwards tightly.
- Place kimbap on a plate seam side down. Repeat until you are done with all ingredients, you will end up with16 Drug Kimbaps.
- Brush Drug Kimbaps with sesame oil all around and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with or without the sauce!