Drug Kimbap (Mini Kimbap)
I’ve been traveling for over 2 weeks now. I’m visiting my family in WA right now and will be in Korea in a week to visit my husband! 🙂 It’s been so much fun and lovely time with my family in WA but can’t wait to see my love in Korea! I’m super excited!!
Today here in WA, it’s very sunny and beautiful! Sunny day mostly makes me craving Korean Kimbap(Gimbap), which is the most popular picnic food in Korea. We have so many different kinds of kimbap and today I’m going to share with you that very easy and simple to make yet, super addictive! We call Mayak Kimbap; Mayak means drug and this kimbap has this odd name because it’s really addictive when you start eating it, very hard to stop. lol
As you can see, they are adorable!! So small, tiny and cute!
The ingredients in kimbap is only 3 kinds and no animal product/protein inside, so it’s perfect vegetarian and vegan menu! 🙂
It’s also perfect party/finger food, and the filling can be customized for your taste.
I hope you give a try this Drug Kimbap at home and enjoy with your loved ones! 😀Print
Drug Gimbap (Mini Kimbap) 마약김밥 만들기
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 to 3 1x
Easiest Korean street food to make at home! The best part? It is vegetarian!
- 2 1/2 cup warm cooked medium-grain rice (How to make perfect rice tutorial click HERE)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 sheets full size dried seaweed(Gim/Nori), cut into quarters as 16 squares
- 16 long strips (4” long, 1/4” wide) of Korean pickled radish (Danmooji)
- 1 cup julienned carrot, sautéed with 1 tbsp oil and 1 tsp salt over high heat for 2 minutes until softened.
- 1 cup Korean spinach side dish (for the recipe click HERE)
- Sesame oil and sesame seeds
- For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice, salt pepper, and sesame oil. Gently mix well without smashing rice.
- On a working surface, place 1 sheet of Gim (Nori), shiny side down. Place about 1 tablespoon of seasoned rice on the gim and spread out evenly.
- Place 1 piece of pickled radish (Danmooji) on top of rice; 2/3 of the way down, closer to you so you will have room to roll it. Place a small amount of carrot and spinach as well. Lift up the end nearest you and tuck over, rolling upwards tightly.
- Place kimbap on a plate seam side down. Repeat until you are done with all ingredients, you will end up with 16 Drug Kimbaps.
- Brush Drug Kimbaps with sesame oil all around and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Enjoy with or without the sauce!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Hi Seonkyoung! The formatting of this recipe got messed up so it’s really hard to read. Can you please fix it when you have a chance? This was one of my favorite recipes! 🙂 Thank you!!
Thank you for the feedback we are working on a fix right now!