For The Chicken
- 2 boneless,skinless chicken breast (Approximately 1 lb.)
- 2 tsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Shaoxing wine (Chinese cooking wine)*
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. Black pepper
For the Orange Chicken Sauce
- 1 Tbs. Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbs. Sambal (Chili garlic sauce)
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Soy sauce
- Fresh juice form 1 orange
For Stir Fry
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger, same amount with garlic
- 2 Green onions
- 3 Tbs. High smoke point cooking oil (Such as peanut, canola, vegetable, sunflower or avocado oil)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Slice chicken into 1/4 inch thin. In a mixing bowl, add sliced chicken and rest of ingredients for chicken. Mix well with your hand, until chicken is coated evenly with sauce. Set aside.
- While chicken is marinate, let’s make sauce and prepare vegetables. In another mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for sauce. Whisk until sugar has dissolved, set aside.
- Roughly chop garlic, julienne ginger and chop green onion, set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add chopped garlic and ginger, stir fry until you can smell the fragrance, about 30 seconds.
- Add marinated chicken into wok, combine with garlic and ginger. Spread chicken evenly bottom of work, and cook until it’s golden brown and crispy, about a couple minutes. Turn it over, and cook other side for a couple minutes or until chicken is cooked 3/4 way.
- Add sauce we made earlier; stir fry until sauce has thicken, chicken is fully cooked and coated with sauce evenly, about a couple minutes. Stir frequently.
- Remove from heat, add chopped green onion, stir until combined.
- Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with more chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
Note: You can substitute Shaoixing wine to dry cherry, sake(rice wine). If you’d like to cooking without alcohol, you can skip it.