- 2 cups / 473ml heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup / 75g sugar, plus more for later
- 1 ½ Tbs. / 12g Espresso Powder
- Preheat oven to 325 °F / 170°C
Place heavy cream into a sauce pan and bring it to just about to boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks, sugar and espresso powder in a stand mixer or with your hand until it starts to lighten in color.
- Slowly add cream a little at a time, while slowly whisking. Be careful not to over mix to avoid foams. Strain egg mixture through a strainer for a fine texture.
- Place 7 oz. (200ml) 4 ramekins into a roasting or deep baking pan and pour liquid into ramekins. Using a torch, quickly remove bubbles on surface of custard. Pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Middle should be slightly jiggle. Remove ramekins from baking pan and let it cool in a refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
When you are ready to serve green tea creme brûlée, sprinkle 1 to 2 tsp. sugar right on top evenly. Melt sugar until dark brown by using a torch. Let sugar to get harden, for 5 minutes then serve. Enjoy!