My husband, Jacob is a sweet tooth who loves coffee everything!
I’m more of savory person than dessert, so when I make desserts, it’s literally for him or for other people.
Because Jacob loves coffee everything, I always give a twist with espresso/coffee flavor to all the desserts I can!
When I created Matcha Crème Brûlée for freelance job, I was like,
“Why haven’t I made Espresso Crème Brûlée?! “
So I had to make it and then, of course, I had to share the recipe with you all!
The idea of making Crème Brûlée can be a bit intimidating for some people,
but only fancy thing about this dessert is torch.
Which is you can get it so easily now days from online, kitchen store or even regular grocery stores!
Torch is a great tool to have in your kitchen, I definitely recommend you to invest one if you love cooking!
Hope you give this Espresso Crème BrûléePrint
- 2 cups / 473ml heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup / 75g sugar, plus more for later
- 1 ½ Tbs. / 12g Espresso Powder
- Preheat oven to 325 °F / 170°C
Place heavy cream into a sauce pan and bring it to just about to boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks, sugar and espresso powder in a stand mixer or with your hand until it starts to lighten in color.
- Slowly add cream a little at a time, while slowly whisking. Be careful not to over mix to avoid foams. Strain egg mixture through a strainer for a fine texture.
- Place 7 oz. (200ml) 4 ramekins into a roasting or deep baking pan and pour liquid into ramekins. Using a torch, quickly remove bubbles on surface of custard. Pour enough hot water into baking pan to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Middle should be slightly jiggle. Remove ramekins from baking pan and let it cool in a refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
When you are ready to serve green tea creme brûlée, sprinkle 1 to 2 tsp. sugar right on top evenly. Melt sugar until dark brown by using a torch. Let sugar to get harden, for 5 minutes then serve. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins