- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 links Chinese sausage, cut into small pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, small diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 6 cups cooked, cold rice
- 2 persimmons, peeled and small diced
- 2 tbsp goji berries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz fresh sage, chopped
- 1 oz fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 oz fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 oz Italian flat parsley, chopped
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat an oven 350°F
Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp butter and let it melt. Add Chinese sausage and stir fry until sausage edges are crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and onion and cook until onions are softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add celery, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Make sure to add sauces around edge of wok/skillet to create a “fire” flavor. Stir fry until sauce is bubbling and about 2 to 3 minutes. Then pour chicken broth. Stir and bring it to boil.
- When it’s boiling, add cold rice, persimmon, goji berries and black pepper. Stir quickly so rice can absorb flavor evenly, about 1 minute. Sprinkle all herbs and green onions into fried rice stuffing and mix well.
- Transfer fried rice stuffing in an oven safe baking dish and top it up with extra herbs and 3 tbsp butter that cut into small cubes. Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and it’s ready to serve! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
- Cook Time: 50 minutes