Fried Rice Stuffing Recipe!
My favorite time of the year is November and December! November for my birthday (shout out to all of my Scorpions!!) & Thanksgiving. December for the Christmasssssss (please someone ring the bell!) and New Years-eve!
I love the festive atmosphere and vibe so much. Always curious why we don’t be this jolly and thankful all year round with some Christmas light decorations?!
This Fried Rice Stuffing will make your Thanksgiving more festive, flavorful & delicious! I promise!
I love regular stuffing, don’t give me wrong. I LOVEEEEE rice so much more than bread, that’s all. (of course, I prefer noodles over rice too. lol!)
One day I thought, why isn’t there an Asian flavored rice stuffing recipe out there? Most of the rice stuffing recipes I saw on Google were just wild rice stuffing, and I wanted to create something more fun, flavorful and festive!
SO here it is! My Fried Rice Stuffing Recipe!
With my Korean glazed turkey or Lemongrass turkey, sweet & spicy cranberry sauce, or yuzu cranberry sauce… This is heavenly!
Let’s get started!
Chop 6 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp ginger, and 2 celery stalks.
This is an Asian + Western-style trinity! 🤣
Oh, don’t forget to dice 1 medium size onion.
Peel and chop 2 persimmons as well. I always cut them first and remove the stem. Persimmon is a very tricky fruit to remove from the stem & peel, so I always quarter them first. Please be careful!
You could use butternut squash instead of persimmons if you prefer. 🙂
For the fried rice stuffing, we are going to use 2 links of delicious Chinese sausage. They are denser than regular sausage – which has a great bite when they’re cooked. Delicious!
Also, chop a generous amount of herbs: sage, thyme, rosemary, and Italian flat parsley. Yes, they are very similar to poultry seasoning, and yes, you could substitute them with poultry seasoning. Also, chop 2 green onions because this is fried rice stuffing! 😉
Preheat an oven to 350°F
Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp butter and let it melt. Add Chinese sausage and stir fry until sausage edges are crispy about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger, and onion and cook until onions are softened about 2 to 3 minutes.
Add celery, 5 tbsp soy sauce, and 2 tbsp oyster sauce. Make sure to add the sauce around the edge of the wok/skillet to create a “fire” flavor. Stir fry until the sauce is bubbling and about 2 to 3 minutes. Then pour 1 1/2 cup chicken/turkey broth. Stir and bring it to a boil.
When it’s boiling, add 6 cups of cold rice (it must be cooked!), persimmon, 2 tbsp goji berries (or cranberries), and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir quickly so the rice can absorb all the flavor evenly, about 1 minute. Sprinkle all of the herbs and green onions into the fried rice stuffing and mix well.
Transfer the fried rice stuffing to an oven-safe baking dish and top it up with extra herbs and 3 tbsp butter cut into small cubes. Bake in the 350°F preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, and it’s ready to serve!
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 links Chinese sausage, cut into small pieces
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 medium size onion, small diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 6 cups cooked, cold rice
- 2 persimmons, peeled and small diced
- 2 tbsp goji berries or dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 oz fresh sage, chopped
- 1 oz fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 oz fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 oz Italian flat parsley, chopped
- 1 to 2 bay leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat an oven 350°F
Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tbsp butter and let it melt. Add Chinese sausage and stir fry until sausage edges are crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, ginger and onion and cook until onions are softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add celery, soy sauce and oyster sauce. Make sure to add sauces around edge of wok/skillet to create a “fire” flavor. Stir fry until sauce is bubbling and about 2 to 3 minutes. Then pour chicken broth. Stir and bring it to boil.
- When it’s boiling, add cold rice, persimmon, goji berries and black pepper. Stir quickly so rice can absorb flavor evenly, about 1 minute. Sprinkle all herbs and green onions into fried rice stuffing and mix well.
- Transfer fried rice stuffing in an oven safe baking dish and top it up with extra herbs and 3 tbsp butter that cut into small cubes. Bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and it’s ready to serve! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
- Cook Time: 50 minutes