For the Ribs
- 1 Rack of baby back ribs (about 3lb.)
- 7 Cups cold water
- 10 Cloves garlic, crushed or 1 bulb of garlic cut into halves
- 2 to 3Slices of fresh ginger (Oreo cookie size)
- 1/2 Yellow or white onion, cut into quarter
- 1/2 cup soju, sake(rice wine) or vodka
- 1 Tbs. Black pepper corn
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Dried Thai chili, crushed or 1 Tbs. red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 3 Tbs. Sugar
For the Sauce
- 3 Tbs. Gochujang, Korean red pepper paste
- 2 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. Mirin
- 3 Tbs. Honey
- 3 Tbs. Sambal, chili garlic sauce
- 5 Cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs. Korean sweet plum sauce, apricot preserve or apple jelly
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
For the Cheese Mixture
- 2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Tbs. Sour cream, creama, heavy cream, cream cheese or milk
- Cut baby back ribs into single pieces
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients for ribs and stir gently so everything will mix into water. Make sure ribs are covered with seasoned water.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.24.26-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.24.36-PM.png”][/url]
- Cover with a lid and bring it to boil over high heat. When it starts boiling reduce heat to medium and cook ribs for 1 hour 30 minutes. Stir once about half way though cooking time so they will cook evenly.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.24.43-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.26.03-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.24.54-PM.png”][/url]
- Mean while, let’s make spicy sauce and prepare cheese mixture!
In a blender, food processor or using a hand blender, blend all ingredients for sauce until very smooth. Cover and keep it in a refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, add cheese and cream; mix well, Cover and keep it in a refrigerator until ready to use.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.27.13-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.27.26-PM.png”][/url]
- Turn off heat and carefully take ribs out from pot to a plate. Be gentle to handling soft ribs. Place ribs in a refrigerator for 20 minutes so meat will cool and firm up before grill.
- Heat your grill over medium heat; and place ribs on grill. (If you can’t grill, you can use broiler or just cook it on a stove. Please see note for the directions of broiler) Keep brushing spicy sauce we made earlier, and flip over as many times as you need to until sauce has only about 1 Tbs. left. It will look shiny and nicely chard. Remove from grill.
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.26.38-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.26.43-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.26.50-PM.png”] [/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.26.55-PM.png”][/url]
- In a large cast iron skillet, spread cheese mixture around edge, like a ring. Place grilled ribs in middle carefully. Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat; when cheese melted completely and you can hear sizzling sound, it’s ready to serve!
[url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.27.43-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.27.57-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.28.03-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.28.09-PM.png”][/url] [url href=”http://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Screen-Shot-2015-09-16-at-4.28.17-PM.png”][/url]
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Stove Heat a large skillet over high heat and add cooled ribs and pour sauce. Cook about 10 minutes over medium-high heat until meat has a nice caramelization and liquid reduced as sticky glaze on ribs.
Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Heat a broiler and place an oven rack a few inches below heating element. Place cooled ribs on a prepared baking sheet, brush with sauce and broil ribs about 2 minutes. Flip over ribs and brush with more sauce and broil for 2 minutes. Repeat 3 to 4 times or until you are satisfied with the caramelization and chard.