- 2 lb yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 oz English cucumber, thinly sliced (approximately 4 Tbsp)
- 1 oz chopped onion (approximately 2 Tbsp)
- 2 oz carrot, thinly sliced (approximately 4 Tbsp)
- 2 oz ham, chopped (you can used imitation crab meat or smoked salmon instead) (approximately 4 Tbsp)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (recommended Kewpie mayonnaise)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice or apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot, place potatoes and pour enough cold to water to cover potatoes. Add 1 tsp salt, bring it to boil and cook until potatoes are fully cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes depending on size of chunks.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt on cucumber and let it sweat for a couple minutes. Then rinse and squeeze excess water using paper towel, set aside.
- Drain cooked potatoes and while it’s still hot, add into a large mixing bowl along with rest of ingredients. Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper and give it a good mix to combine everything together.
- Cover and cool potato salad in a refrigerator at least 30 minutes to an hour before serve. Enjoy!
Raisin, Dried cranberry, Apple, imitation crab meat, smoked salmon, corn, peanuts and etc