The weather is getting warmer and if you are like me, you probably thinking of BBQ or grilling out side & potluck party!
When you do BBQ, definitely whatever goes on the grill is the star of the meal.
Star means nothing if there is no supporting cast.
This Korean potato salad will shine any main dish goes on the grill and makes everyone to have at least 3rd scoop!
(I’m not saying I had 3 scoops…
even though I did….)
I love western style potato salad & German style as well.
But both can’t beat Korean potato salad in my opinion.
Korean potato salad has so many different veggies/fruits of your choice which creates amazing texture.
Also very well balanced creamy, sweet, tangy & savory flavors.
My version is the basic of basic Korean potato salad but you can always customize to your taste!
I used smoked ham for this recipe, but imitation crab or smoked salmon would be great addition.
Also many times there are cubed apple in Korean potato salad, which gives amazing refreshing bites! 🍎🍏
Raisin or corn is often used for the texture and sweet bites. 🍇 🌽
If you want super crunch texture, you can add peanuts too! 🥜
In Korea, we serve as a side dish along with other Korean side dishes.
So feel free to serve as a Korean meal side dish as well!
I really hope you give this Korean potato salad recipe a try, it is so so so good to miss out!!Print
- 2 lb yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 3 oz English cucumber, thinly sliced (approximately 4 Tbsp)
- 1 oz chopped onion (approximately 2 Tbsp)
- 2 oz carrot, thinly sliced (approximately 4 Tbsp)
- 2 oz ham, chopped (you can used imitation crab meat or smoked salmon instead) (approximately 4 Tbsp)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (recommended Kewpie mayonnaise)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice or apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot, place potatoes and pour enough cold to water to cover potatoes. Add 1 tsp salt, bring it to boil and cook until potatoes are fully cooked, about 10 to 15 minutes depending on size of chunks.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt on cucumber and let it sweat for a couple minutes. Then rinse and squeeze excess water using paper towel, set aside.
- Drain cooked potatoes and while it’s still hot, add into a large mixing bowl along with rest of ingredients. Season with 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper and give it a good mix to combine everything together.
- Cover and cool potato salad in a refrigerator at least 30 minutes to an hour before serve. Enjoy!
Raisin, Dried cranberry, Apple, imitation crab meat, smoked salmon, corn, peanuts and etc