- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (approximately 3 to 4 cloves garlic)
- 5 tbsp chopped lemongrass (approximately 1 large lemongrass)
- 6 tbsp chopped shallot (approximately 1 small shallot)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 to 6 thai chili, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb U/15 head removed & deveined shrimp
- Heat a large skillet (possibly 12” skillet) over medium high heat; add butter, garlic, lemongrass, shallot and pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 to 6 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix fish sauce, honey, thai chili and black pepper in a small mixing bowl to make sauce. Set aside.
- Add the shrimp into the skillet, stir well so the shrimp will be coated evenly with the butter and aromatics. Spread the shrimp evenly as possible and cook for 2 minutes or until it’s half way cooked through.
- Pour the sauce mixture and stir. Cook for additional 2 minutes or until shrimps are fully cooked. (adjust cooking time if you are using smaller size shrimp than U/15.) Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy with my Garlic Noodle or Garlic Rice!
- Cook Time: 10 mins