- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Freshly chopped king oyster mushroom
- 1/2 cup Freshly chopped wood ear mushroom
- 1 cup Vermicelli noodles, prepare by following the directions of the package, cut into 1” long
- 8 oz. Firm tofu, squeezed water out as much as possible.
- 3 Green onions, chopped OR 1/4 cup Asian garlic chive, chopped
- 2 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. Corn starch
- 1 cup Vegan kimchi, squeezed excess moister, chopped (Optional)
- 23 to 25 Dumpling wrappers, wonton wrappers (Most of dumpling wrappers are vegan, made with flour, starch and water but make sure with the ingredients list of dumpling wrapper package you are using.)
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except dumpling wrappers and mix well until everything has combined.
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0227-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0230-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0245-300×300.png”][/url]
- Place a wrapper on your palm, wet edges with water; scoop a heaping teaspoon of filling at center of wrapper. Bring apposite points toward each other and press edges together.
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0235-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0238-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0239-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0240-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0243-300×300.png”][/url]
- Repeat with remaining wrappers and filing. It will make 23 to 25 dumplings.
- You can steam, fry or boil dumplings. Everything is cooked ingredients so doesn’t need to cook too long; 3 to 4 minutes is perfect. What I like to do is pan-fried and steamed all same time.
Gyoza Style Cooking
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat; add 1 Tbs. cooking oil and place dumplings on skillet.
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0247-300×300.png”][/url]
- Pour 1/4 cup water to skillet, cover and steam for 3 to 4 minutes.
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0249-300×300.png”][/url]
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0252-300×300.png”][/url]
- Uncover and continue to cook until all of moisture evaporates.
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_0255-300×300.png”][/url]
- Transfer to a serving place and enjoy!
- [url href=”https://seonkyounglongest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/IMG_02571-300×300.png”][/url]
If you would like to freeze it, make sure you don’t pile them all together because they will stick to each other. Place dumplings on a baking sheet not touching and freeze them a couple hours. Transfer frozen dumplings in a plastic bag and seal tight. Keep it freeze.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins